This is a great game. Easy to make. I’m going to try it in one of my higher level classes. This is a great game to teach eye hand skills, speed, concentration and quickness. It is similar to American Jacks but has so many more steps. I love games from other countries. So Cool.
For younger kids (5 to 7 years) I am going to break it into the following steps.
- Start with parent tossing the black bag into the child’s open hands from about 5 foot away. When a catch is made, the child can reach over and get one of the other bags
- Catch the black bag with one hand and then get a 2nd bag
- Say “Go” and then the child has to get the 2nd bag while you are tossing the first
- Child has to toss the black bag up himself and catch it with the same hand. When a catch is made, the child can reach over and get one of the other bags
- Now the child should be ready for level one in Chinese Jackstone